Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Am...a refugee

I cant seem to get the words out fast enough this week..a lot on my mind..lots of writing to get out..


define: refuge-noun

1. shelter or protection from danger, trouble, etc.: to take refuge from a storm.
2. a place of shelter, protection, or safety.
3. anything to which one has recourse for aid, relief, or escape.


With all the ups and downs...I know God is near me, but I'm distant from Him..this morning as soon as I woke up I felt Him speak to me, "I am your refuge." Typing that makes me want to cry..His timing is perfect as always..He knew I needed that word this morning..to get outta bed, let alone face the day. So, admittedly I am not the best scripture quoter, so I looked it up..there are several places were it refers to refuge..but this one fit the best..my little nugget for the day.


Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the strength of my salvation, my stronghold.


When your sinking..you need a rock to hold on to..He is my rock and He is my refuge...without Him...who else will save me from the quicksand?


I many go thru tough times but I always know I need the shelter, safety, protection, aid, relief and escape only He can provide..My own little "staycation".*wink*


Thank you God for all that you ARE, HAVE BEEN and WILL BE..


...until next time!

No comments: