Thursday, July 2, 2009

I AM..The Sound

Sometimes I feel stirred to write about certain topics not knowing where it will lead me..but then again, that's the awesome part. I was listening to my new Mary Mary cd..popped it in and the in the first track they define "sound". I felt God tellin me that I AM THE SOUND. Most of the time I dunno what these little nuggets mean. But I have been listening to Israel Houghton's cd lately too and he has a song called the Power of One..all of this together tells me this..(some quoted from the songs)..Israel says, it takes one person to start a revolution...so essentially...it just takes one movement to stir the air and send the vibration to make the sound of change..

define: sound-noun-the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium.

define: change-verb-to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone.

define: revolution-noun-1) a radical and pervasive change in society and the social structure, esp. one made suddenly and often accompanied by violence. 2) a sudden, complete or marked change in something.

As I take all this in, I think about who I am and who I was..and ultimately who I will be. I have always been the type of person who creates my own rules and sets my own trends...a leader not a follower. In the not so distant past, some of my not so good characteristics defined me and how people knew me..but I've changed..I'm not sure what "new revolution" I'm supposed to start, but I know God is preparing me.

One thing I have learned is that being the medium is only one step, you have to find the "ear" on the other end ready to receive it..what good is it to carry this awesome message, only for it to fall on deaf ears...keep ur senses tuned to the know the difference..

Many times in my life I have felt this stirring..almost anxious hunger before God moves..it almost feels like I am gonna jump outta my skin..lol..(anyone who has ever felt this knows what I am talkin about..and maybe if u didnt know now u do..) ..the craziest part is that even though I dont know which step to take...God brings this peace and shows me the way because I continually seek Him...as long as I keep seeking I will find myself and who I am in Him..and He says that I AM THE SOUND and it is SO!

....until next time!

No comments: