Thursday, October 16, 2008

In the beginning...

There is always a beginning...

It's time to start blogging again..not necessarily for anyone to read..but for my own sanity in thinking things thru to make sense of it all.



I'm looking for that "start over" button...the one where you say, I dunno how I got here, but I think I wanna start over. At 32, I feel like I am in an early mid-life crisis..I am nowhere near where I thought I would be and still going nowhere fast. Somethings gotta change.



So as the first step, I decided to go back to school in the spring..this is usually where alot of people start..learning a new trade or finally saying OK, I will get a degree!..I like to learn, but I have always been the type that learns a specific thing for the moment..and too impatient to go thru the "nonsense" classes you have to take to get that piece of paper(degree) in your hand...call me a non-conformist..but at some point you see the reality that most employers wont even look at your resume if you dont have one..even if its majoring in some BS like dance...



Step two was smaller..but just as important..I changed my myspace "name"..NOW..for those who dont know..I have been "BAD AZZ" for quite some time..this pretty much summed up one side of my split personality..and this was the persona that was portrayed for over a year...this side was the "crunk queen" who believed the party was where I was even if theres only 2 people in the room...but at the same time..those who know me as that..dont know the other side of me..which is what completes me. Some dont know the flip side..the mom..the friend..the one who loves kids and whose dream is to open a foster home...so until I figure out who the new me is..I am Just Stacy.



Yesterday at church an elder preached...and I must admit..I am spoiled to all the good messages we get there so to see a new guy I wasnt sure about if he could measure up...but all in all the message was good...he spoke on how difficult we make things andhow simple God is..God is "The I AM"...he talked about how people lose their identity because they lose thier confidence in themselves...so I decided that everyday..I'm going to think of one thing that I KNOW I AM.



There ya go...day one to figurin out who I AM. Stay tuned for more..lol

No comments: