Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I am..a Doer

well if i could i would picket my job...i couldnt blog yesterday because they made me WORK all DAY!..so lemme see if i can squeeze one in today..lol..yesterday the topic i chose was..I am A DOER...


lets define..Doer-noun-1. a person or thing that does something, esp. a person who gets things done with vigor and efficiency. 2. go-getter


anyone who knows me well, knows this describes me..its one thing i can say that I AM for sure..but just like anything else..i get lax..at least thats how it feels..i have always been the type of person that works all day, then goes home and works more..i have 20 projects goin on at once..tryin to spread myself out in 20 directions...lately i feel like im the opposite of a doer(which i havent quite found a real definition of)..but if i step back and look objectively..i am DOING things..they are just different


..for example..i used to work my 8-5..then somehow manage to do graphic design stuff either for music or party related stuff..flyers, CD artwork or whatever..i also would promote the stuff i just designed..i also do photography..so i would be editing and posting pics..and working on my non-profit bizness which a task in itself...grant research, CPS research..location research..finding sponsors etc..all of this while raising 2 kids and dealing with my own personal issues...i have cut back almost all of that..working primarily on the non-profit stuff and my kids of course....so i feel like i have all this time i am wasting when im just sitting still..when in reality..i am working on ME for a change..i enjoy my quiet time..to just think..or not think, for that matter..i am sorting out all the mess in my head and in my heart and recalibrating the compass so to speak..so i wanted to make a new list of what im DOING..
  • reading several books..Joyce Meyer, James Patterson, Joel Osteen and Spanish for dummies(stop laughing)

  • im going back to school in the spring..its been a LONNNNNNG time..pray for ya girl

  • im learning spanish..my friend said "i thought u was spanish"..i said "i is, but me no speaky spanish"..LOL..its always been very frustrating not being able to speak spanish..i can understand alot but cant form a sentence to save my life..pray again for ya girl

  • im spending a lot of time with my kids..this year they are both changing so much..every day is so vital to the success of the next day..they are both on the fence of wanting to be independent and wanting to still be mama's boys..so pray even more for ya girl on this one..

  • i joined the choir at church..another one most people didnt expect..i used to be in my church choir years ago..and always loved it and missed it..so i got up the nerve and went for it..my church is big so its a blast being part of a choir of 200 people..i sang for the first time last sunday and LOVED IT..

  • im still working on Passage of Hope..i really feel like God has me sitting on the sideline right now..teaching and molding me into a better "player"..for the moment..im waiting patiently..lol

well there ya go..my "list" of what im doing..we get so caught up in "doing" things we cant think or hear clearly..i have found that this is when i have a hard time making good decisions because i cant hear God with all the stuff goin on around me...just a thought**wink**

Heres an interesting quote I heard today "Every man is a moon and has a side which he turns toward nobody: you have to slip around behind if you want to see it." -Mark Twain

....until next time

No comments: